Wednesday, 27 May 2015

The Diva's Weekly Challenge


I find I look forward to the Diva's Weekly Challenge. It keeps my Zentangles fresh and fun. The challenge has also encouraged me to learn to blog so I can participate in the global network of the Zentangle community. I love looking at the amazing ways people approach the challenge. I hope you enjoy my contributions and find them a source of inspiration.

Challenge # 247

"African Art"
 I love the flamboyance of African Art!

Diva Challenge #247, African Art, Meer, Fescu, Zentangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #247 African Art Meer Fescu

Challenge # 243

"Tripoli Triptastic"
This weeks tangle was like a combo, still influenced by "just a tiny taste' from last week.....

Diva Challenge #244,Tripoli, Monotangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #244 Tripoli Monotangle
 

 

 

Challenge # 243

"Just a tiny taste"
I had fun making a "tangleation"  of Meer, one of my favourite go to tangles. I hope you like it!

Diva Challenge #243, Just a tiny taste, Meer, Monotangle, Tangleation, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #243 Just a tiny taste Meer

 

Challenge # 241

"Stones and Ceremony"
I have a beautiful stone that I collected on a beach in my birthplace of King Island, Australia. King Island is a small inhabited island between Victoria and Tasmania with very wild weather. I used the stone to create the string by tracing it's outline 3 times.

Diva Challenge #241, Stones and Ceremony, Tipple, Aquafleur tangleation, Isochor, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #241 Stones and Ceremony Tipple Aquafleur Isochor

My "King Island" stone
 

Challenge # 239

"Munchin Play"

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #239, Munchin, Monotangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #239 Munchin
 

Challenge # 237

"Dye your string"

ntangle, Diva Challenge #237, Vano, Ilana, Striping, Light to go places

Diva Challenge #237 Vano Ilana Striping

 

 

Challenge # 236

"Tangle Unexpected"

It was fun searching the house for a suitable "string". I found a magazine called The Hour Glass with a beautiful line drawing of the innards of a watch.



Zentangle, Diva Challenge #236, The Hour Glass, Verve, Vano, Crescent Moon, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #236 Verve Vano Crescent Moon


 

 

Challenge # 235

"Stripes"

Today I posted 2 images of the same tile as the energy "popped" for me in both directions.
Thanks for another fun challenge!
Go Places!


Diva Challenge #235, Meer, Rain, Zentangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #235 Meer Rain

Diva Challenge #235, Meer, Rain, Zentangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #235 Meer Rain





Challenge # 234

"CanT" 
Diva Challenge #234, CanT, Monotangle, Zentangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge 234 CanT Monotangle

 

 Challenge # 233

"Zenith"

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #233, Zenith, Vano, Sakura Graphic 1 pen, light to go places
Diva Challenge #233 Zenith Vano Sakura Graphic 1 pen
 

 Challenge # 232

 "Audio"

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #232, Hadesigns Audio meditation1, Tripoli, Monotangle, light to go places
Diva Challenge #232 A1 Tripoli Monotangle

 

Challenge # 231

"The Undulating Tangles in C and S Minor"

 
Zentangle, Diva Challenge #231, Snookums with auras, ConneSSes, Fengle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #231 Snookums with auras ConneSSes Fengle

 

Challenge # 230

"Let’s all be ZenDivaDala"

Zendala, Diva Challenge #230, ZenDivaDala template, Moon rocks, Drupe, Dutch hourglass, Betweed, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #230, ZenDivaDala template, Moon rocks, Drupe, Dutch hourglass, Betweed




Challenge # 229

"+/-"

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #229, Groovy, Meer, Duotangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #229 Groovy Meer

 

Challenge # 228

"Organic" 

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #228, Narwal, Nipa, Duotangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #228 Narwal Nipa Duotangle

Challenge # 227

Circus Life 

The circus to me is about the flying trapeze, juggling and clowns, with lots of fun and movement, and the feeling of fireworks!

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #227, Twisted Rope, Jetties, Jesterz, Ahh, Light to go places!
Diva Challenge #227 Twisted Rope Jetties Jesterz Ahh

Challenge # 226

The art of simplicity!

I am wanting to improve my skills working with colour, so I thought simple and colour was a nice project! When is there enough colour?

Diva Challenge #226, Popsicles, Zentangle, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #226 Popsicles


Challenge # 225

A colourful Zentangle!

Diva Challenge #225, 'Nzeppel, Mooka, Tipple, Knights Bridge tangleation, Static, zentanle, Light to go places!
Diva Challenge #225 'Nzeppel Mooka Tipple Knights Bridge Static



Challenge # 224

A monotangle using Tipple

Diva Challenge # 224, Tipple, zentangle, monotangle, light to go places

Diva Challenge # 224 using Tipple as a monotangle



Challenge # 223

I created a Zentangle with the pattern Umble and tangleations. I liked it a lot at this stage so decided to keep it simple!

Diva Challenge #223, Umble, a monontangle, tangleations, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #223 using Umble as a monotangle with tangleations

Challenge # 222

The "Colours of the Rainbow"
Zentangle, Diva Challenge #222, Colours of the Rainbow, Tizzy, Light to go places
Diva Challenge #222 Colours of the Rainbow Tizzy




Challenge # 221

Create a Zentangle inspired by "Beads of Courage". I dedicated my Zentangle to a beautiful friend who has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Diva Challenge #221 "Beads of Courage" Onamato Hugs and Kisses
Diva Challenge #221 "Beads of Courage" Onamato Hugs and Kisses

Challenge # 220

Create a Zentangle using the tangle All Boxed Up. A great monotangle challenge!

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #220, All Boxed Up, String #156
Diva Challenge #220 using All Boxed Up and String #156


Challenge # 219

Create a Zentangle using only straight lines. A great challenge for me as I am a huge fan of "organic" shapes.

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #219, Tangleations, Fang, Tufti, Helen Rowlands, Light to Go Places
Diva Challenge #219 using Tangleations of Fang and Tuftid

 

 Challenge # 217

This was tricky as for me these two Zentangle patterns do not go together naturally. A fun challenge!

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #217, Bunzo, Dex, Helen Rowlands, Go Places
Diva Challenge #217 using Bunzo and Dex


Challenge # 215

Create a labyrinth. Oh what fun this was to explore how to create a labyrinth and thanks to the diva for providing great resources. From this I created my first ZIA, a labyrinth that was  decorated with Zentangle designs and colour.

Zentangle, Diva Challenge #215, Cadent, Jitterz, Helen Rowlands, Go Places
Diva Challenge #215 Simple Unicursal Labyrinth, Jitterz and Cadent

ZIA, Diva Challenge #215, Seven Circle Classical Labyrinth, Printemps, Meer, Striping, Helen Rowlands, Light to Go Places
Diva Challenge #215 Seven Circle Classical Labyrinth, Printemps, Meer and Striping





18 comments:

  1. Welcome to this community, Helen.
    I like the tiles you show us here. The All Boxed Up tile is beautiful; you made nice variations of it. Hope to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your CanT - very brainiac looking! And, I hate to mention little things, but, Your Goddess-ness, pretty soon you'll have to make a new post on this blog so we don't have to scroll all the way to Toledo to post a comment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this tile with great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Can T tile came out really well. You put your own spin on it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies to my lovely friends who post comments. I accidentally deleted a number of comments last week in the delirium of a cold! Your comments are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better now! I like this idea of yours and you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great string for the 'tangle unexpected' challenge. You gave it a beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Munchin is a very different take on that pattern, and I love it! I also love the Challenge 236 with the watch parts. I didn't see it at the time you added it, so I apologize the late comment. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the 'compactness' of your Munchin tile. it's a nice variation of the tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you did so many! Such an awesome job too. love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your stone and what you created with it!!! I myself bring stones from lots of places and LOVE them. Did you ever tangle on them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the line quality of your drawing -- tenuous and fragile. The stones and ceremony challenge tile looks a bit like a sea shell.

    ReplyDelete